On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 08:55 -0700, Jim Lloyd wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Jim Lloyd <
> jll...@silvertailsystems.com>
> > > wrote:
>
> > > It also appears that there is an option to use message level
> compression.
> > > If
> would
> > > want
> transport
> > > found
> > >
> > > Message level compression can be enabled on a ConnectionFactory or a
> > > Connection via the useCompression property. See also the
> > > useCompression option on the URI:
> > >
> > > http://activemq.apache.org/connection-configuration-uri.html
> >

> > Thanks. I see the default for useCompression given here is now false.
> We'll
> > experiment and see if this gives us any significant improvement.
> >

> > -Jim
>
> The trunk code of Apache CMS now supports message body compression, so
> you should be able to test with C++ client's if you build from trunk.
>
> Thanks Tim. However, I'm hoping we can enable useCompression on just the
networkConnector between two brokers, doing something like this:

<networkConnectors>
<networkConnector name="superman-to-batman"
uri="static:(ssl://batman:24001?jms.useCompression=true)"/>
</networkConnectors>

This didn't work though, yielding an error on startup of the broker:
2010-04-06 09:29:45,730  WARN | Could not connect to remote URI:
ssl://batman:24001?jms.useCompression=true: Invalid connect parameters:
{jms.useCompression=true}

Is this not possible, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jim