On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Steve Holmes <iamstevehol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Thanks for the response...so you're saying that the concurrentConsumers
> setting tells activeMQ to push 10 messages.  If there is only one consumer
> (camel route in this case) then it will push it to the one consumer 10
> times.  So the key is you have to know ahead of time how many consumers you
> are going to have?  Or if you set it to 1 will it push one at a time to all
> your consumers?  Sorry, as I noted before I really am a newbie to this
> technology.

No, that's incorrect. The concurrentConsumers setting is the number of
consumers you want to receive messages from a given destination at the
same time (concurrently).

If you are using topics, and a producer sends one message to the
destination where 10 consumers are listening, each consumers will
receive that single message.

Since you are new to JMS, I highly suggest that you work through Sun's
JMS tutorial:

http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/1_3_1-fcs/doc/jms_tutorialTOC.html

This will provide you with an understanding of JMS and now the
messaging domains (i.e., queues and topics) each work.

Then you should work through the ActiveMQ examples to become familiar
with ActiveMQ:

http://activemq.apache.org/examples.html

I think doing so will explain a lot for you.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)u8...@4vyy9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"