Von: Gary Tully [mailto:gary.tu...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 28. Mai 2010 10:56
An: users@activemq.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Failover Question

Your first assumption about automatic redelivery is correct. Any unacked
message will be redelivered. They may not get redelivered to the same
consumer though, any consumer will do from the brokers perspective. The
first precondition though is the recognition of the death of the consumers
connection. If the broker is in a socket write this may take a little time
to timeout.
To this end, Joe's comment about the inactivity timeout is relevant. One way
to check if this is the problem is to validate the state of the brokers
sockets when you do your testing, before the client machine dies there will
be a visible connection (netstat -a), after it dies, the connection should
disappear, if it does not then configuring the timeout will help.

This inactivity duration value is negotiated between the client and broker
so it needs to be configured on both ends to take effect.
Have a peek at this test to see the config in action:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/tcp/InactivityMonitorTest.java?view=markup

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration