In my attempts to sort out what is wrong with my release mode build I am
making all the build properties identical between my app and amq-cpp. I
even made the warning levels the same, level 3. And that's when I got hit
by loads of C4290 warnings. C4290 is 'exception specification ignored'.

Can we please say:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#pragma warning (disable: 4290)
#endif

in files that use exception specifications? This might also be a good time
to look at a way of disabling them at the flick of a switch. C++0x will
deprecate exception specifications so even building with GCC will cause
deprecation warnings at some point. AMQ-cpp would need to support being
built with both kinds of GCC, which is why it would be nice to be
switchable.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to
http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
  for additional disclosures.