In the last case, what was done is that the network was disconnected from the
active node until Oracle timed out the connection and the lock was released.
Once the network was reconnected, the failed node began processing with the
new node in parallel. I'm only reporting what was shared with me. I'm not
certain of what was seen.

I'm looking for advice from anyone who is comfortable that they have a HA
solution that is working for them and asking what method they used.

==================

Now what about the last scenario. How was ActiveMQ shut down? How did was is
restarted? How did you test that the restarted instance was actually
processing messages?

-Clark

Our problem with using Oracle was that if the Active or Hot instance were to
become disconnected and with the changes made to Oracle to timeout the
connection and therefore release the lock on the database were to succeed,
we would indeed have a secondary or standby instance begin processing and
all is well until the previous instance again returns to the network and
what we are finding is that it will again create a session with Oracle and
will begin processing in parallel without attempting to gain a lock on the
DB. Now we have a problem of two instances of ActiveMQ are running.

Any advice on the best method?