I had a quick browse at the code and I don't see these messages
explicitly ignored, it may be best to produce a small junit tests case
that demonstrates the issue and raise a jira issue. With a test case
it should be straight forward to get to the bottom of this.

You could get some inspiration for the test from -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/usecases/TwoBrokerNetworkLoadBalanceTest.java?view=markup