Dejan,

Two thoughts:

1. Reducing the time from 30s to nil may sound like the "right thing
to do" but may actually create a new problem - administrators may now
see some kind of problem but delay fixing the underlying problem
because the server was killed pretty quickly anyway. Indeed some less
observant admins may not even spot the lack of graceful shutdown
facility at all.

2. When executing "setup" wouldn't it be better to correct the
resulting default script in the first place, rendering my work on
investigating the cause and eventually writing that article thankfully
redundant?

James