Hi Petrucci,

Thread management can be altered through your broker configuration so it's hard
to answer your questions. You should check
http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/Understanding+the+Threads+Allocated+in+ActiveMQ
 first, it explain quite well how threads are managed.

Extra configuration parameters that can change the number of threads are:
- the connector you use: with tcp you have one thread per connection, but if
you switch to nio then it is no more the case
- if you start your broker with
"-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=false"then you do not have one
dispatch thread per queue anymore but a pool of threads instead (see
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-10s-of-1000s-of-queues-in-a-single-broker-.html).

Hope my answer help addressing your concern.

Regards,
Reynald