There is org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection#setExceptionListener

You may be better dealing with the root cause of the exception. Either
properly close a connection or use the failover transport such that
that exception is avoided b/c a new connection with the same id is
treated as a reconnect and overwrites.