I wonder about the execution order of the property setters:

<property name="configuration" ref="jmsMediaTransferConfig"/>
<property name="exceptionListener" ref="exampleExceptionListener"/>

the exceptionListener accessor delegates to getConfiguration().set...

so if "configuration" is set after the exceptionListener it will override.

One way to eliminate this possibility is to set the exceptionListener
on your jmsMediaTransferConfig bean.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com