On 05/25/2011 06:15 PM, Dejan Bosanac [via ActiveMQ] wrote:
> For a web console, you need jmx url as well

Appreciate your response :) just a quick report...

On a whim, I tried JConsole, and was surprised to find the queues are
visible via the MBeans panel.  I had thought JConsole was the same as
VisualVM which ships with the JDK, which didn't offer me any ActiveMQ
inspection tools that I could see.  It's not the same, and I can now
inspect my ActiveMQ without the web console.  I now see that I've
misconfigured something, because there's both a 'testqueue' and a
'myapp.testqueue', one of which is full of messages but 0 Consumers, and
the other 1 Consumer but no messages.  This is the root problem I needed
to solve when I started trying to use webconsole to inspect ActiveMQ's
internals.  I'll debug how I've screwed this up tomorrow (probably by
blindly following the JNDI setup docs without understanding how to refer
to my queues by name).

> Something like this should work
>
> -Dwebconsole.jmx.url=service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
> -Dwebconsole.jmx.user=""
> -Dwebconsole.jmx.password=""

Adding those does lead to some progress.  No longer a
NullPointerException, trying /webconsole now gives:

javax.el.ELException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [
Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
localhost; nested exception is:
         java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
         at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:298)
         at
javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:175)
         at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:138)
         at
com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:206)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.evaluateExpression(PageContextImpl.java:1001)
         at
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:66)
[cut several layers of nested exceptions]

I presume that nothing's listening on port 1099.  I'll investigate more
tomorrow.

Nick