Hi,

I am using Network of brokers and using ActiveMQ5.5.0 and
ActiveMQ-CPP3.4.0 client application.

1.       Application 'A' registered to Broker1 and application 'B' is
registered to Broker2 (Both 'A' and 'B' are registered as Durable
Consumers). A sends messages to a topic and B receives all messages and
vice-versa.

2.       Now 'B' is disconnected for almost 1 day, but 'A' is keep on
sending messages (around 25 messages per second and each message with a
size of 10kb).

3.       All the messages sent are "PERSISTANT" messages and having
Time-to-Live as 5 hours.

4.       I am using default configuration....

<persistenceAdapter>

     <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/static-broker1/kahadb" />

</persistenceAdapter>

and

<systemUsage>

            <systemUsage>

                <memoryUsage>

                    <memoryUsage limit="100 mb"/>

                </memoryUsage>

                <storeUsage>

                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>

                </storeUsage>

                <tempUsage>

                    <tempUsage limit="200 mb"/>

                </tempUsage>

            </systemUsage>

        </systemUsage>

Also I configured "producerFlowControl" property for Topics as "false"
in order to allow 'A' to send maximum number of messages.

5.       After sending many messages, 'A' got hung and Broker1 logs
shows "Usage Manager Store is Full, 100% of 1073741824. Stopping
producer......"

My questions are:

1.       What are the best values I need to configure to stop 'A'
getting hung or in order to resolve this issue.

2.       As time-to-live for messages is 5 hours, what happens to these
messages after this timer expires. I know that it is sent to
ActiveMQ.DLQ, but is it removed from persistence storage or
storageUsage?

3.       Is there any way I can remove the limits completely and system
runs until system's disk memory limit (this is to allow maximum number
of messages. Not a good ideaJ).

Please let me know if I need to configure any parameters for "kahaDB".
Thank you for your help.

Thanks & Regards

Suneel