Ah I see, so this remote jmsBridgeConnector that Edan refers to would equate
to what I described as "bridge code" - essentially using the WMQ JMS classes
(you'll need the JAR containing com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory of
course) to make a separate connection over the network using the WMQ client
code.

Note that
<property name="channel" value="UNSECURE.BKR.CHANNEL"/>
should point to a server connection channel in WMQ parlance, and not to a
sender or receiver channel (those are for WMQ-to-WMQ queue manager
connection).

The point I made about the channels being incompatible at the protocol /
transport level remains true, we just got some wires crossed.

Be careful about security - the example Edan posted doesn't describe any and
by opening a SVRCONN channel to the world on port 1414 you might have an
exposure. Think about what permissions are granted in WMQ (probably an issue
for the folks you are working with more than your own code).