Using activemq 5.4.0 for a P2P desktop applicaiton, I get an OOME when my computer awakes from sleep:

Exception in thread "InactivityMonitor WriteCheck"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

The cause appears to be:
  - WRITE_CHECK_TIMER schedules checks at a fixed rate
  - ASYNC_THREADS uses an unbounded thread pool to service the checks

When the computer wakes, WRITE_CHECK_TIMER satuates the system with pent up requests and uses up all available threads.

Am I right in thinking:
 - this is an issue
 - some options for resolution are:
     bounding the ASYNC_THREADS
converting WRITE_CHECK_TIMER to a scheduled executor, which would run the submitted task serially

michael