I would say its a bug.

If you delete persistent msgs on a queue, this needs to get replicated to the
slave broker.
Deleting a queue that is already empty might not necessarily need to be
replicated to the slave broker as destinations get
recreated on the fly.

You could raise a JIRA ticket if you're certain that the information about
deleted messages don't get pushed to the slave broker.

Torsten Mielke
FuseSource.com
tmielke.blogspot.com