Very close.

I changed the context-param org.apache.activemq.brokerURL value to
tcp://localhost:61616 in my web.xml and also in broker-config.xml in the rar
file I made sure that transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"

Cleaned and restarted my JBOSS.  Deployed my web application.   Ran a
separate Java application which pushes out data on a topic and listens for
messages from the client.  Invoked the URL to my webpage, and voila, my Java
application got the message sent to it from my web application.

However, my web client is not getting any messages back.

Looking at the Web traffic via Fiddler, it makes 3 calls to amq:
destination=topic://T&message=stocks&type=listen
destination=queue://B&message=login&type=listen
destination=queue://A&message=JMSTYPE:LOGIN_REQUEST
SENT_FROM:DISPBOARD_JS_EMBED-APR271003&type=send

However, it is not going into the behavior I saw before which is the
continuous looping of /amq/timeout=...

Suggestions please.