ok, maybe open a  new issue, and attach your logs and configure a data
small journal data file so that it can easily be attached once you
find the block in gc.

If recovery of local xa multi store transactions is the problem, I
would expect some log information from:
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MultiKahaDBTransactionStore

use setJournalMaxFileLength=24k (it needs to be > 8k) on the
persistence adapter.

It may require killing the broker in the debugger to get to the bottom
of this or using a system property that can kill the broker to force
recovery in this case.

An issue/jira ticket will put it on the radar in any event. I don't
see that AMQ-3866 is using mkahadb.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com