enable debug logging on all brokers and  produce a single message. you
should be able to trace the progress of that message till it expires,
gets consumed or gets orphaned.
Once you know what happens we will be able to figure out the next step.

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-enable-debug-logging.html