I have a producer who posts, say, 1000 messages to the queue and specifies a
temp response queue for the replies. All works correctly, but if I shut down
the producer process before all the replys are processed, I get the
Apache.NMS.InvalidDestinationException from the clients who are responding.
Expected. I saw that I can set up a purge policy to get rid of these
messages that have invalid response destinations.

I tried:

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core";
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.data}"
schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000">

and

                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="1mb" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="30000">

but after 10 / 30 seconds, the messages are never purged.

Am I missing something?