Hi,

There has been an issue seen where ActiveMQ 5.5.1 would keep outbound
connections in a CLOSE_WAIT state, to the point where the application
reaches the file descriptor limit.

The broker uses the Openwire format on TCP with closeAsync set to false.  It
is also non-persistant, storing all messages within memory.

The fault is infrequent, I've been unable to reproduce this on-demand.  I've
searched and I've been unable to see any re-occurance of this issue on the
same version.

I've read that this issue was seen before in previous releases, could this
be the same issue seen?

Regards,
David