From: jstordeur [mailto:jeremie.stord...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 5:23 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Expired messages sent to Topic Advisory DLQ as opposed to
Activemq.DLQ

Hello,

You can see the descriptions of all available advisory topics there:
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

I guess that the two that you observe are these ones:

ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue that receives an advisory message each time a
message expires on a queue.
The advisory message contains
String='orignalMessageId' - the expired id

And you have also this advisory topic:
ActiveMQ.Advisory.MessageDLQd.Queue that receives an advisory message each time
a message is to be moved to the DLQ, it contains the same thing.

Both of these advisory messages *are not* your original expired message.

My guess is that you are sending non-persistent messages. I think that by
default, non-persistent expired messages are discarded rather than moved to the
DLQ. Can you try sending a persistent message.

Kind regards,
JS