anything that flows to a topic (including advisory topics) that
doesn't have any consumers will "fall off the face of the earth".. so
there won't be too much resource usage to be concerned about. if
you're not using the advisory messages, or not doing any network of
brokers, you can disable advisory messages altogether (see close to
bottom of this page: http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html)