On 01/29/2014 01:13 PM, Christoffer Sawicki wrote:
Hello!

I'm trying to connect the ActiveMQ NMS client to a server with a
self-signed SSL certificate.

I've added the server certificate to Mono's "Trust", "My" and "CA"
truststores with `certmgr -add -c <object-type> message-queue.crt` but the
connections still yield a SslPolicyErrors.RemoteCertificateChainErrors.
I've found some sources on the web that hint that this is what happens with
self-signed certificates.

Am I missing something? Should I add the certificate somewhere else?

Last time I dabbled with self-signed certificates in .NET I wrote a
custom RemoteCertificateValidationCallback but that's not possible with the
current AMQ NMS API.

I'm thinking about providing a patch
for Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.Tcp.SslTransport(Factory) that allows one
to configure brokerCert* just like clientCert* and use that certificate
file in ValidateServerCertificate. Would such a patch be accepted?

Regards,
Christoffer

You can create a patch and attach it to a Jira issue for review.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.