Version: AMQ 5.9.0

I'm dealing with a strange behavior of
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages() of
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessagesTask. Basically this
task stops working after few minutes after broker bootup.
I tried to track down the source of the problem and I found out that the
doBrowse method remains forever in the following while loop:

I find this while quite strange. Besides, I checked in the doBrowse method
in v. 5.8.0 and there is no trace of this while loop.

Any hints on this?

Thanks!