Opening a tcp/ip port and associating that to the JMX registry allows for
JMX remote access. if you are not concerned with remote access the JMX
console can access the local JMX instance as long as you are logged into
that box.

Chris O.

*Chris Odom | Sr Consultant | Media Driver*
512.799.0270 | chris.o...@mediadriver.com
810 Hester's Crossing, Suite 165, Round Rock, TX 78681