Here’s the public gist of our XML config.  (it needs some comment cleanup
but that’s that we’re running with).

https://gist.github.com/burtonator/b5f4228b0f0acbf05b4e

We’re running 5.10.2 .  I’ve reviewed the bugs fixed since then and nothing
seems to apply to our situation. I would upgrade but we run with the memory
persistence adapter and there’s a bug that was introduced in the 11.x
series which impacts memory persistence and advisories.

And I haven’t had time to fix that.

We also have a fix applied that I developed to release lock contention
during queue GC.  It’s within the realm of probability that this could have
introduced a bug but I feel VERY confident that this is not the issue.  We
contributed it back and there’s an outstanding pull request for this on the
5.10 and 5.11 branches but since I didn’t apply it against master it was
never merged :-(

I didn’t TRACE activemq but I can do this now.  Should I do this on the
broker too?  the problem is that this is going to result in a VERY large
log file because it takes about 30 minutes to reproduce this.

In the mean time, I’m going to write a test to see if I can reproduce this
by creating a similar situation of high load and a backlogged queue.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*