On 09/25/2015 11:44 AM, spamtrap wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:34:56 -0400, Timothy Bish
> <tabish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/25/2015 11:29 AM, spamtrap wrote:
>>> If you set the message priority with cms::Message::setPriority() and
>>> then send the message with cms::MessageProducer::send() then the
>>> priority of the message is ignored and the message is sent with the
>>> default priority of the MessageProducer.  This seems like a bug to me.
>>>

>> Not a bug, the CMS API works the same as the JMS API in this regard, the
>> Message set methods can be used on received message to play around with
>> the values but the MessageProducer that sends the Messages is the
>> authority on the values applied on send.  To set priority on sent
>> message either set the value using the setter MessageProducer, or use
>> the send method that takes priority as an argument.
> It's certainly counter-intuituive IMHO.  Why have a method for setting
> the priority on the message object if it's ignored when sending?

Shouldn't be to hard to figure out it works this way given the API docs
are clear on this fact:

        /**
         * Sets the Priority Value for this message
         *
         * CMS providers set this field when a message is sent. This
method can
         * be used to change the value for a message that has been received.
         *
         * @param priority
         *      priority value for this message
         *
         * @throws CMSException - if an internal error occurs.
         */
        virtual void setCMSPriority(int priority) = 0;

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.