On 06/08/2016 10:45 AM, pompanoSlayer wrote:
>From what I read, I would only need to add failover:(tcp://localhost:61616)
as the connection url for the broker and activeMQ does all the reconnecting
for me. However I can't seem to get this right. The program waits for the
broker to go online and is able to read messages out of the queue when
there's one. When I stop the broker, the program just exits.

Here's my test program.

     QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory;
     QueueConnection queueConnection;
     QueueSession queueSession;
     QueueReceiver queueReceiver;
     Queue queue;

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("failover:(tcp://localhost:61616)");

         // Create a Connection
         queueConnection = connectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
         queueSession = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
         queue = queueSession.createQueue("testUpdate");
         queueReceiver = queueSession.createReceiver(queue);

         queueReceiver.setMessageListener(
             message ->{
                 try {
                     if(message != null) {
                         String msgText = null;
                         if (message instanceof TextMessage) {
                             msgText = ((TextMessage) message).getText();
                         } else {
                             msgText = message.toString();
                             System.out.println("message is of type " +
message.getClass());
                         }
                         System.out.println("Message Received: " + msgText);
                     }
                 } catch (JMSException jmse) {
                         System.err.println("An exception occurred: " +
jmse.getMessage());
                 }
             }
         );
         queueConnection.start();

I am not sure what I am missing or the failover protocol is not what I am
expecting it to do.