> On 4 Nov 2016, at 18:12, mlange <mla...@anwb.nl> wrote:
>
> Could it be a (or more) messages staying on a queue, causing the logs not to
> be cleared?

No, all messages are consumed and nothing is stored on the server.

We recived two tips from otherside this list:
* Try with the latest JDK
* Disable NIO.

So I have tried them both:

* Disable NIO:
So we disabled NIO on one of the machines for both amqps and openwires
and the graphs speaks for them self, no more leaking file descriptors:
https://imgur.com/a/mEl4k

* Try with the latest JDK:
Upgraded the other server (with NIO enabled) to JDK 8u112 and after
staring at the graphs for a few hours we realised that newer java
didn't fixed the issue:
https://imgur.com/a/Y2WP5

Guess that the next step is to create an issue on
https://issues.apache.org/

--
jocar