Hello,

In my application, I am sending a MapMessage to a Queue via an embedded
ActiveMQ broker from one thread, and receiving it in another thread in the
same application (in a class that implements the MessageListener interface).
Log statements in my application indicate that the contents of the map are
populated when I send it, but empty when it is received.  I am not sure what
I am doing wrong here.

Note that I am able to send and receive TextMessages just fine within my
application, it is only MapMessages that are having this problem.  I am
using ActiveMQ version 5.14.1.

The following is the log output from when the MapMessage is sent, and then
received:

Jan 13, 2017 10:05:07 AM com.bmc.bcan.engine.network.cluster.Helper
INFO: [Thread=Thread-28] *sending* ClusterScheduling message:
ActiveMQMapMessage {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false, messageId =
null, originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
null, destination = null, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp =
0, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 0, brokerOutTime = 0, correlationId = null,
replyTo = null, persistent = false, type = null, priority = 0, groupID =
null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID
= null, content = null, marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,
redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null, readOnlyProperties =
false, readOnlyBody = false, droppable = false, jmsXGroupFirstForConsumer =
false} *ActiveMQMapMessage{ theTable = {Command=ScheduleSimpleTask,
Keystring=961346758-1, Time=1484323507060, Data=null,
DbSessionName=sysadmin} }*

Jan 13, 2017 10:05:07 AM
com.bmc.bcan.engine.service.scheduler.ClusterSchedulingQueue
INFO: [Thread=ActiveMQ Session Task-4] *received* ClusterScheduling message:
ActiveMQMapMessage {commandId = 19, responseRequired = true, messageId =
ID:clm-aus-000599.bmc.com-44320-1484323346997-4:1:3:1:3, originalDestination
= null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
ID:clm-aus-000599.bmc.com-44320-1484323346997-4:1:3:1, destination =
queue://ClusterScheduling, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp =
1484323507063, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1484323507064, brokerOutTime =
1484323507074, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type
= null, priority = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId =
null, compressed = false, userID = null, content =
org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@5a78b3c7, marshalledProperties = null,
dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 1024, properties = null,
readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable = false,
jmsXGroupFirstForConsumer = false}* ActiveMQMapMessage{ theTable = {} }
*

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Steve