A reproducer is the best way for us to help diagnose/fix the issue.
Failing that, are you able to profile the broker to see which objects are
getting leaked?

There are a couple of MQTT specific things to check such as retained
messages and session state.  The life cycle of these is controlled by the
client and will they essentially hang around forever unless the client
clears them.  There are a coupe of other gotchas that might cause the
broker to start running out of memory (providing you haven't configured a
PAGE/BLOCK policy) i.e. having a slow consumer with an address with lots of
traffic e.g."/"

If you can't reproduce it in a test, could you provide more info on the use
case and include your broker config.

Thanks