The Java process will at the os level which is what you output from what I can
tell, will be allocated 6gb if that's what you set the heap size to (Java will
always actually use a little more than just the heap for bits like offheap,
classes (permgen) and process overhead)

The 70% is for within the allocated heap the memory activemq will use.

To see the heap utilisation you can use tools such as visualvm, jconsole (list
of tools nearly endless)

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone