I appreciate this is quite an old thread... but I think I have a working
patch for TomEE that enables TomEE to use Artemis as a JMS provider. The
only issue that I have run into is that TomEE's proxy generation effectively
creates a subclass, and the 'final' modifier on
org.apache.activemq.artemis.ra.ActiveMQRASession prevents this from working.

Is it possible to remove this modifier? I created a PR here:

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jon