Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your input. In my case we do have SSD. After some
reading and fumbling, I am able to get the about 2000 sending/receiving
operations per second, with one message per transaction.
The specific adjustments I have done to achieve the above were:

1. using   <journal-type>MAPPED</journal-type> -- instead of
<journal-type>NIO</journal-type>
2. setting <journal-datasync>false</journal-datasync> -- instead of default
true
3. setting <journal-buffer-timeout>0</journal-buffer-timeout> -- instead of
the default 7060000

With these adjustment, performance is more than adequate for our usage case.

Cheers

Youyu