The master/slave/slave triplet architecture complicates fail-back quite a
bit and it's not something the broker handles gracefully at this point.
I'd recommend against using it for that reason.

To Clebert's point...I also don't understand why you wouldn't let the cloud
infrastructure deal with spinning up another live node when one fails.  I
was under the impression that's kind of what clouds are for.

Justin