Hi David,

it could be a timing issue, when a first client connects to a broker, it
sends a notification to other brokers of the cluster. So if a second client
with the same clienID connects to another broker of the cluster before it
receive the notification, the second broker accepts the connection.

You could easily fix this issue by redirecting each client with the same
clientID to the same broker.

Regards,
Domenico