Hello All,

I have recently been delivered to the wonderful world of cocoon. I am very
impressed but what I have seen (and somewhat confused to - so many different
ways to do things). I have been given an almost complete cocoon based web site
to finish in a very short amount of time.

Client Side:
------------
The client side of the web-app is in need of some form on session/login
processing, but its not quite as formal as an offical login....

The client side is avaiable to anyone, anytime (both the general public, and
employees of the company).

The client side of the web site could be accessed at any given page (some
user's will bookmark certain pages)

All the pages in the client side need to know a few things about the user (that
can be calculated from their IP and some info in the database).

Almost every page on the client side will perform some sort of search against
the database. These searches are identical for all users - its just the 'where'
clause that may need some extra conditions based on the type of user (public or
employee).

The Solution???
---------------
Write the code to calculate the usertype once [public|employee]

Perform the calcultion of user details only once.

Ensure that user details have been calculated before the sql code of any page
executes.

Current Position:
------------------
Java code is no problem, and I have used xml and a bit of xslt.

I know the actual java code required to determine the usertype.

I'm guessing the solution will require the usertype details to be carried
around in the session.

I just dont know how to use the power of cocoon to ensure that the usertype
details are calculated before any xsp page is executed.

Any help/hints/tips/references would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

     Adam.

=====
Adam Flegman - Senior Software Engineer