Sorry that is a typo.  The issue is that if I add the mes namespace to the
LoginRequest I get an unmarshalling error stating it is not expecting child
elements.  However if I remove the mes namespace from LoginRequest it works
fine (as long as I do not remove the mes namespace from the child
elements).

So in short it would seem that even though both are in the same namespace,
the service does not seem to think that LoginRequest needs to be in a
qualified namespace.