On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Philip Rhoades wrote:

Felmon,

On 2016-01-27 03:34, Felmon Davis wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Philip Rhoades wrote:

Sure - but I will still respond as I originally did if I come across more proselytising (by anyone) . . it is inappropriate and offensive and should not be condoned or encouraged.

by one standard definition of 'proselytize'/'proselytise' your last

"ise" is English English not Yankee English . . clueless . .

ah, guess you missed the clue I was being inclusive.

several posts are guilty of it.

Then you don't understand what the word means.

I take my clue from the OED:

1. intr. To make, or seek to make, proselytes or converts; In extended use: to act as an advocate or proponent of something.

2. trans. To convert or attempt to convert from one opinion, religion, or party, etc., to another

[...]

As someone else pointed out - this was NOT a signature - it was a SERMON and completely inappropriate and offensive to me and others (and NOT because of the particular superstition being proselytised).

granted, it wasn't a signature and also the content is inappropriate.

so glad this has been settled.

f.

--
Felmon Davis