Hi Jay,

I think you should change '*.haderach.net' to 'www.haderach.net'
What you are trying to accomplish with the '*.haderach.net' should actually be
done with something called a dns wildcard. The dns wilcard is a standard setup
for most hosting companies these days I believe, otherwise you might need to
have your network admin setup the wildcard entry for you. Basically it just
points all sub-domains back to the root domain unless explicitly stated
otherwise.

Then, you can use Apache vhost config to route traffic once it arrives at your
server based on the requesting URL (as you did with the 'mail.haderach.net'
vhost entry).

If you don't have access to your dns setup you can also accomplish this using
mod_rewrite (assuming you have mod_rewrite). Just put an entry in a .htaccess
at the docroot like so:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} mail.haderach.net
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/$1

This is just an example and would probably vary a little based on your setup.
You can read more at: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html

Good Luck!