On 10/09/2007, Martin Strand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It really seems to be a UA problem. According to those RFCs, both 'realm'
> and 'filename' are supposed to be 'quoted-string' and should be treated
> exactly the same. It just seems so weird that three major browser vendors
> would miss this.
> Frustrating... :\

Indeed. I'm reaching a bit here but how about checking with a UA
that's meant to be a standards facist? I'm thinking the likes of svn
(via libneon) or links or wget, those kinds of command line clients.

Googling this issue doesn't shed much light :(

Iit would help to see a dump of the actual headers sent on the wire,
just in case apache's somehow mangling it. There was a link to the
wiki page containing several ways to watch those in an earlier post.

--
noodl