Hello,

We are currently trying to increase the amount of hits our system can handle without buying hardware loadbalancers etc.

Our current setup is:

Server 1: Apache, DB, 2 Tomcats
Server2: 1 Tomcat
Server3: 2 Tomcats

We use the apache on server 1 to loadbalance across all tomcats using modjk.

The lbfactors are:
Server1:50
Server2:100
Server3:100

We have stressed the system to failure using WebLOAD from an outside source and cannot find the bottleneck.

All perfmons show nothing being stressed above acceptable levels.

We THINK its the actual internet connection which at this point is only 5mb but is being upped to 10mb is the bottleneck.

We also have the problem of once the load stops, the sites are still down but Apache/tomcats still seem to be running fine. A restart of either(not even both) fixes the sites.

Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
James