It depends on it's load balancing solution My guess is that the load balancer is running out of memory and eventually looses information on older connections and your packets get redirected to a new server which doesn't know anything about you or the load balancer just terminates the connection itself.

I haven't seen the same issue with my Foundry switches.

--
Michael Conlen