On 1/24/08, Scott Gifford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You could try just using SetEnv.

Yes i tried but this was also not working, a 500 internal server error
appears,

You could also edit your scripts to begin with:

>    $ENV{EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE}='_base.epl'

Actually i want this variable be set even before my code starts actually
this is the code of a Perl template engine called Embperl, it needs to be
there before any line of code,

Are you using mod_perl or standard CGI scripts?

I believe i am using modperl , but am not sure,

There might be a better way supported by your Web hosting provider;
> you could ask them for their suggestions.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, and still i am struggling,
abhishek jain

----Scott.