That does not work. If I do that, apache does not even start. I get the
error saying:
Unrecognized Header or RequestHeader directive %:

So I ended up doing this which seems to work. Can someone check my regex and
see if this is correct? I am trying to match any characters optionally
followed by a : followed by any characters. Then I am backreferencing
anything before the :.

SetEnvIf Host "([^:]*):?.*" MY_HTTP_HOST=$1
RequestHeader set Host "%{MY_HTTP_HOST}e:443"