Hi folks I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this question or that someone could help point me in the right direction if it's not.

Here is the scenario I am trying to accomplish. OS X 10.4.11 running Apache version 1.3. I want to share out folder that resides on a volume that is mounted via afp to the web server. In the httpd.conf file I added the Alias Directive "Alias /Stock /Volumes/Stock"

This appears to be working because from a browser http://webserv.domain.com/Stock/fol1/fol2/somefile.jpg returns a Forbidden message and if I purposely create a bum link I get a file not found.

The user account that was used to mount the volume to the web server is a LDAP (open directory) user and has RWX privileges to the share as does the group. From what I have read it would appear that others has to have RWX as well (currently others just has R), but I cannot make that volume shared as 777. So is there a way to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

James Nierodzik

P Please consider the environment
before printing this email.