After compiling the mod_ssl using apxs, did do a 'make' and 'make install' .
can you send the complete command used for installing the mod_ssl using
apxs.

after using apxs, did u try to run
httpd -l

and did u find the mod_ssl being listed  ?

Looks like you have compiled the mod_ssl but have not installed it..

Cheers.

--
Regards&Thanks,
Vasanth Kumar Ravi