As far as i remember there is no such thing as "standard" for putting
certificates though i suggest not to put certificates anywhere in
DocumentRoot(s) (just to avoid extrernal access). Apart from that any
localsystem location should be fine. For finer understanding/convenience u
can put it under conf folder like conf/certs/<certificates>

Regards
Prasanna Ram