I realize I just answered you, but in response to your explicit and
specific questions;

Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:

> Question 1: Is there a way to pass Internet users' IP address to backend
> server through Apache reverse proxy server? I am testing that feature so far
> no luck. My backend server gets Apache proxy server's IP address. But I'd
> like to have Internet users' IP being passed through Apache. This is http
> request.

Only if this information has been shared with you by the upstream proxy
or router/gateway/forward proxy.  E.g. - what mod_remoteip is designed
to decode, ---when the information is presented---.

> Question 2: I am testing another Apache reverse proxy which proxies two
> backend https servers. I am trying to use mod_proxy_balancer.
>
> <proxy balancer://mycluster>
>       Balancermember https://192.168.1.1:443 keepalive=on
>       Balancermember https://192.168.1.2:443 keepalive=on
> </proxy>
>
> Proxypass /test balancer:mycluster/
>
> When I test to access the site, I got login prompt from first server which I
> saw from access log. I typed in login name and password. I got the login
> prompt back but from the log I saw the connectivity was back from server 2.
> It seems to me like round robin connection to backend server by Apache. I
> tried with keyword "JSESSION" but no luck. Does anyone know how to configure
> Apache so the same connection always goes through the same backend https
> (http) server. Thanks in advance.

Are you forgetting your ProxyPassReverse statements?  As of the current
version, the syntax above (but wtf happened to your // before mycluster???)
would work just fine for a ProxyPassReverse rule.

> This message (including any attachments) is intended
> solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
> above, and may contain legally privileged and
> confidential information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
> replying to this message and then delete it.
> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
> or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
> intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.

You have emailed a public list.  Your intended individuals are the world.