On 02/12/2011 03:55 AM, DW wrote:
Does anybody know whether .com registrations allow you to have "Domain ownership certificate" for free? For .co.uk domains, one can download the certificates from Nominet (UK's domain names managers & registrars) but I don't know if there is anything like that for .com domains (from ICANN I guess). Even for .ru domains you get certificates.

Thanks.//

What use does this serve ?

If it's to show to somebody, that's up to the registrar.

If it's to prove your online credentials, you prove those when somebody ends up at your web site.

If it's for encryption and validation purposes, those are never free.

--
J.